Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
Marlette John scribbles: "I know, in your conservative world, GW past a balanced budget every year. But, it's just not true. The last real budget was past in 1997." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/14/steny-hoyer/hoyer-says-gop-didnt-have-budget-2002-2004-2006/ What do the Fact Checkers say? They say Marlett John is completely wrong. There were a FEW years Congress did not pass a budget but NO years the President did not submit one. The Dems in the Senate have stopped even voting on a budget and Obama is habitually late in preparing his.
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago