Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
Marlette John scribbles: "I know, in your conservative world, GW past a balanced budget every year. But, it's just not true. The last real budget was past in 1997." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/14/steny-hoyer/hoyer-says-gop-didnt-have-budget-2002-2004-2006/ What do the Fact Checkers say? They say Marlett John is completely wrong. There were a FEW years Congress did not pass a budget but NO years the President did not submit one. The Dems in the Senate have stopped even voting on a budget and Obama is habitually late in preparing his.
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 3 hours ago