Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
Marlette John scribbles: "I know, in your conservative world, GW past a balanced budget every year. But, it's just not true. The last real budget was past in 1997." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/14/steny-hoyer/hoyer-says-gop-didnt-have-budget-2002-2004-2006/ What do the Fact Checkers say? They say Marlett John is completely wrong. There were a FEW years Congress did not pass a budget but NO years the President did not submit one. The Dems in the Senate have stopped even voting on a budget and Obama is habitually late in preparing his.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 8 hours ago