Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
Marlette John scribbles: "I know, in your conservative world, GW past a balanced budget every year. But, it's just not true. The last real budget was past in 1997." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/14/steny-hoyer/hoyer-says-gop-didnt-have-budget-2002-2004-2006/ What do the Fact Checkers say? They say Marlett John is completely wrong. There were a FEW years Congress did not pass a budget but NO years the President did not submit one. The Dems in the Senate have stopped even voting on a budget and Obama is habitually late in preparing his.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago