Let's say you were a US Marine on Iwo Jima or Okinawa with the prospect of invading Japan in a few months. Would you want your president to be concerned with freedom in Poland or would you rather have the Red Army pin down several million Japanese soldiers in the Far East? Who knew if the A-bombs would work as well as they did. We could have dropped some, and the Japanese could say, "Is that all you got." Let's not forget that Nazi Germany did not surrender until a Soviet T-34 was on top of Hitler's bunker in Berlin. If you were alive in 1944, who would you have thought were the bigger fanatics, the Germans or the Japanese?
Muammar Gaddafi ruled the Arab nation of Libya from September of 1969 to October of 2011. He was the eccentric bad boy of North Africa until being overthrown and assassinated by rebel citizens of Libya, with help and encouragement from the United States. The new Libyan government is generally friendly to the West, but it has yet to gain control of most of its own territory beyond the capital city of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 14 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago