Let's say you were a US Marine on Iwo Jima or Okinawa with the prospect of invading Japan in a few months. Would you want your president to be concerned with freedom in Poland or would you rather have the Red Army pin down several million Japanese soldiers in the Far East? Who knew if the A-bombs would work as well as they did. We could have dropped some, and the Japanese could say, "Is that all you got." Let's not forget that Nazi Germany did not surrender until a Soviet T-34 was on top of Hitler's bunker in Berlin. If you were alive in 1944, who would you have thought were the bigger fanatics, the Germans or the Japanese?
Every American who isn’t a zealous adherent of Barack Obama has a favorite reason why this President is a failure; God knows, there are certainly enough reasons to choose from. But there is one shortcoming that is, in the long run, the most significant – and regrettably so, because Obama is uniquely qualified, and could have vastly improved America as a whole, had he addressed the issue. It is to have confronted the destruction of the Black family that has been the hallmark of the Black underclass for the last 40 years. Yet as he approaches the end of his Presidency,...
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago