We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
You are awesome. I don't think Mitch McConnell even bothers to read ours anymore. He must have an automated BS form letter mailer that says a lot of nothing.
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago