I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
When I was in the Navy women were mandated to get a pap smear when they first came in. Doesn't that constitute rape?
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 22 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago