I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
When I was in the Navy women were mandated to get a pap smear when they first came in. Doesn't that constitute rape?
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago