Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
This is the result of Pelosi parachuting obamacare into law with -0- Republican support while holding a majority in both chambers of congress. The next election they lost the house in a landslide. Damage done, though. If you lose your private insurance, great news. You will be able to get the lowest plan available in obamacare (bronse) for the every day low discount free cost of $20,000 premium for a family of four. Happy days are here again You've gotta hand it to those pesky Republicans. They managed to nominate the only candidate in the 2012 presidentuial race that created the blue print for obamacare in MA.
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 24 minutes ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago