Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
This is the result of Pelosi parachuting obamacare into law with -0- Republican support while holding a majority in both chambers of congress. The next election they lost the house in a landslide. Damage done, though. If you lose your private insurance, great news. You will be able to get the lowest plan available in obamacare (bronse) for the every day low discount free cost of $20,000 premium for a family of four. Happy days are here again You've gotta hand it to those pesky Republicans. They managed to nominate the only candidate in the 2012 presidentuial race that created the blue print for obamacare in MA.
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago