At the White House once I was regaling him with local news from Champaign (which he was always ready to hear), and I said, 'Blank is dead; his extremely disloyal sentiments so provoked his neighbors that there was serious talk of inflicting vengeance on him, and he was found dead in bed—caused largely by fright.' This man was an old Whig friend of Lincoln, but the reason of his exit from life's trials amused him. His comment was, 'He died, then, to save his life, it seems.'"- Lincoln's Own Stories, Anthony Gross, HARPER & BROTHERS PUBLISHERS NEW YORK AND LONDON, 1912...
In response to:
you are a fool with absolutely zero grasp on reality . Are you really as stupid as you sound on hear?.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago