Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
he wants to raise rates because then you can put in more deductions for how he wants poeple to spend there money. its all about control not revenue or good government. get a tax deduction for buying a volt. see how it wirks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 10 hours ago