Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
We started using the term Comrade in the office and two Zimbabwean colleagues chastised me. Surprising as they were tied in the dye Comunists who fought for Mugabe, and recently disinfranchised. They are offended because they know they were wrong and it brings up bad memories. It is now a standing greeting of humour as we all were burnt. It does confuse clients though....... Welcome to the first step in total tax comrades, we had a cumulative 69% in Zimbabwe. It meant those at the top had to take more out to justify their existance and the dudes down the line were torched by corporate and tax men. Cde Tim
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago