Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
We started using the term Comrade in the office and two Zimbabwean colleagues chastised me. Surprising as they were tied in the dye Comunists who fought for Mugabe, and recently disinfranchised. They are offended because they know they were wrong and it brings up bad memories. It is now a standing greeting of humour as we all were burnt. It does confuse clients though....... Welcome to the first step in total tax comrades, we had a cumulative 69% in Zimbabwe. It meant those at the top had to take more out to justify their existance and the dudes down the line were torched by corporate and tax men. Cde Tim
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 13 hours ago