Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
We started using the term Comrade in the office and two Zimbabwean colleagues chastised me. Surprising as they were tied in the dye Comunists who fought for Mugabe, and recently disinfranchised. They are offended because they know they were wrong and it brings up bad memories. It is now a standing greeting of humour as we all were burnt. It does confuse clients though....... Welcome to the first step in total tax comrades, we had a cumulative 69% in Zimbabwe. It meant those at the top had to take more out to justify their existance and the dudes down the line were torched by corporate and tax men. Cde Tim
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago