Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 4 hours ago