In response to:
The Dem's focus on inequality by definition means redistribution of wealth since it's not fair for someone else to have more than me. The GOP needs to remind people that one of the founding tenets of this country is opportunity. Immigrants have sacrificed and fought to come to this country because they know they have an opportunity to be successful based on their own efforts. How can a foreigner who can't speak English, has no money, and only has the clothes on his back become successful in less than one generation, when other families remain on welfare for generations? One family sees opportunity and works hard, the other sees free stuff and a chance to live without any sacrifice. Why should we punish the hard workers, and reward those who CHOOSE not to work at all?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago