In response to:
The Dem's focus on inequality by definition means redistribution of wealth since it's not fair for someone else to have more than me. The GOP needs to remind people that one of the founding tenets of this country is opportunity. Immigrants have sacrificed and fought to come to this country because they know they have an opportunity to be successful based on their own efforts. How can a foreigner who can't speak English, has no money, and only has the clothes on his back become successful in less than one generation, when other families remain on welfare for generations? One family sees opportunity and works hard, the other sees free stuff and a chance to live without any sacrifice. Why should we punish the hard workers, and reward those who CHOOSE not to work at all?
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago