Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:21 PM

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:11 PM
You want to teach them critical thinking for calculus? Take'em to a roller-coaster ride and have them measure the tangent on the ride every few feet!

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:10 PM

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:09 PM
Just how old are you? 20? A whole generation of engineers and scientists took us to the moon when calculus was *NOT* a high school course at all. I had never even seen a calc book when I graduated high school. But I knew trig inside and out. It wasn't hard to go from that to calc at all. You are what is called an elitist, not elite, elitist!

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:02 PM
You are full of malarky! We didn't *HAVE* calculators back when I was doing all kinds of advanced math in my electrical engineering degree! I made sure my kids could *always* get by without a calculator -- some day *yours* may not work!

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:00 PM
How about three-dimensional integrals where the answer comes out as a fraction you want to reduce?

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

Tim333 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 3:58 PM
What advanced math requires you to use a calculator? I'm an electrical engineer. I took all kinds of advanced math, including calculus. Never once did I need a calcultor to get answers. This was back in 1970 before calcutors were even available to the normal student!
Nancy Pelosi has been offically banned from receiving Communion by the Catholic Church based on a ruling by the highest court in the Vatican. Not a single MSM outlet carried this which happened on 9/24/2013 if I remember correctly. Nancy Pelosi can no longer say she is a Catholic in good standing.

Law Enforcement vs. The Second Amendment

Tim333 Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 7:14 PM
The entire Constitution is a delegation of power from the people to the federal government to accomplish some very limited responsibilities. Added to that Constitution are the first 10 Amendments that are *restrictions* placed on the federal government. They are *not* rights endowed by the Constitution. The right to keep and bear arms is a natural right of an individual bestowed upon each of us by our Creator, not by government. The government can *not* abrogate that right by requiring membership in a milita in order to exercise that right. Such abrogation would be *tyranny* by the federal government.
Although the MSM won't cover it, Nancy Pelosi has been refused the right to Communion in the Catholic Church because of her unwavavering support for abortion at any time including after the child has been born.