Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
The current culture is completely different from the Colonial self-reliant, Christian culture that founded the country. I wish it were so simple as a 10 year learning curve. We have a Leftist media, Leftist President and an-all-too-willing-to-spend Congress, as well as a deceived majority that will only urge more spending into the abyss. We are doomed. We will continue the decline into the bin of history.
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago