Reliving the 1930s

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 18, 2015 3:39 PM
...but until the US is attacked, as was the case in WWII, we will do absolutely nothing. History repeats itself not because we haven't learned the mistakes of the past but rather because we are bound to repeat them. I'm not a fatalist but I do have an inkling about human nature.
There is an innate part of us that leads me to believe that everyone is, at least in a basic way, identical to us. However, to be like me you would have to possess the same basic values and similar world view. As it turns out, there are not as many like-minded people as I would imagine and if that is the case then we are, as Dennis points out, in a world of trouble.

Damaging Admissions

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 17, 2015 4:55 PM
Our state colleges and universities provide little benefit to the state for 1/3 of our budget. The money isn't being thrown away but is instead used against the taxpayers who provide it.

The Case For Killing The Filibuster

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 13, 2015 3:38 PM
An actual victory over the Democrats would strengthen the Republican position but they are largely "gentlemen" in the worst sense of the word. I am not holding my breath. However, if they would define an objective, outline a strategy and execute it or die trying, I would support them 100%. At the present, it is impossible to know if they have a goal other than their next reelection bid.

Ancient Behaviors and Modern Barbarians

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 12, 2015 7:04 PM
I don't expect much from the President (or the democrats or the media) and I am rarely disappointed. After 6 years in office why are we still surprised by what Obama says or does? In a single prayer breakfast he maligned Christians, twisted history and acted as an apologist for our most dangerous enemy. His best is yet to come... but please don't feign surprise.

Measles, Vaccines and Autism

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 10, 2015 4:08 PM
Agreed, those who are vaccinated should not be troubled by those who are not. I assume that there are other reasons behind the new rush to tell parents what they can and cannot do. Public school children are usually required to have their "shots" so obviously most children are already vaccinated. It doesn't add up but what does?

Obama Targets Medicare Advantage, Again

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 09, 2015 5:39 PM
The President is a narcissist. Drugs for seniors isn't on his radar but power is.

Personal Liberty and Measles

tiemyshoo Wrote: Feb 05, 2015 6:42 PM
I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that vaccinations were required to attend public schools. On the other hand, I, and everyone my age had the chicken pox. Entire families were intentionally exposed so that they could "get it out of the way". I guess there are health risks for any disease but I think the discussion has been blown out of proportion. If you want to vaccinate your kids, please do so and if you think, as I do, that the possibility of developing a case of chicken pox is not the end of the world then go your way and have a great life.

Derail Fast Track!

tiemyshoo Wrote: Jan 30, 2015 4:50 PM
The war is over. Now they are just dividing the spoils.
The liberals were once the minority voice and we ignored them. They kept at it until they converted enough of the country to their warped view of the world that the country is now being "transformed". BUT...now we shouldn't respond to their antics because the only people who talk about them are those who intend to profit from it? I would prefer to keep my heel on their neck until the number of their witless followers is inconsequential.

The State Of Our Union

tiemyshoo Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 5:11 PM
The President is a wiz. First he makes all the conservatives feel good about themselves by introducing a new fantasy every week that a novice can pick apart. (I liked the article) He makes liberals happy because they actually think everyone ought to be taken care of. Everyone is distracted from the actual issues and the president is happy.