Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
What gun control advocates refuse to get is that with a quarter of a billion guns in the hands of the citizenry why isn't there more blood in the streets? Real gun control begins in the hands of free citizens. Therein lies the problem. A basic tenet of the collectivist is that they do not believe in the citizens and many are duped into this ideology by "reasonable" measures for gun control. Would-be tyrants always use "reasonable" sounding arguments to gain power. If you do not agree then you are incapable of understanding history.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago