As the plot unfolds, we're told Brian was raised Catholic, and as he sits in a pew and looks around at religious pictures, he cracks gay jokes in his mind. He sees the Apostles:...
The Catholic Church has for some time sided with collectivism that goes by the name of social justice. Many of the clergy bought into this idea and by doing so have supplanted individual virtue with collective virtue. The forced charity through government is taking the place of voluntary charity by the individual. Where charity is forced, there is no virtue. Obama is on record as saying that his individual salvation rests on the collective salvation of the country. If so then I need not do anything to be saved for if the country is "saved" then I am saved. Beyond the Catholic church many Christians have bought into this social justice and collective salvation nonsense. It is a way of justifying forcibly taking the property of others.
NBC's sitcom "The New Normal" isn't just trying to remake society for the Gay Left. It's trying to remake Christianity, which is to say, destroy it. For its October 22 episode, "The Godparent Trap," NBC ran promos with the gay character Brian in the confessional, and the priest sneering, "If you're not going to take this seriously, I'm going to go back to playing Angry Birds."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago