We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago