We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago