It's not surprising that Ryan, who got his start working for Jack Kemp and William Bennett at Empower America, sees the world this way. Though it's a total secret to members of the press and the Democratic Party, conservative intellectuals have been grappling with the problems of poverty in America for...
Under a Reaganomics style economy the middle class disappears into the ranks of the rich. Under an Obamanomics style economy the middle class disappears into the ranks of the poor. Either way poor people remain and there is not a single economic or political system anywhere that does not have poor people nor rich people.. Only where liberty and a free market capitalist system exists is there an opportunity to get out of poverty. Poverty is mostly brought about by attitude. A free education is provided for all. There is no guaranteed road to riches but there is a guaranteed pathway to poverty and it works every time it is tried.
The Republican Party is picking up the pieces. Speaking of the ticket's loss for the first time since the election, Rep. Paul Ryan noted that many voters "don't think or know that we have good ideas" on fighting poverty and "helping people move up the ladder of life."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 9 hours ago