It's not surprising that Ryan, who got his start working for Jack Kemp and William Bennett at Empower America, sees the world this way. Though it's a total secret to members of the press and the Democratic Party, conservative intellectuals have been grappling with the problems of poverty in America for...
Under a Reaganomics style economy the middle class disappears into the ranks of the rich. Under an Obamanomics style economy the middle class disappears into the ranks of the poor. Either way poor people remain and there is not a single economic or political system anywhere that does not have poor people nor rich people.. Only where liberty and a free market capitalist system exists is there an opportunity to get out of poverty. Poverty is mostly brought about by attitude. A free education is provided for all. There is no guaranteed road to riches but there is a guaranteed pathway to poverty and it works every time it is tried.
The Republican Party is picking up the pieces. Speaking of the ticket's loss for the first time since the election, Rep. Paul Ryan noted that many voters "don't think or know that we have good ideas" on fighting poverty and "helping people move up the ladder of life."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago