Exhibit A of today's kind of author: Jenny McCarthy, the former Playboy centerfold who's parlayed her nudie shots into a long list of TV gigs, and six best-selling "humor"/advice books (which absolutely no one might guess were written by someone else). Her latest must be her lamest. It's called "Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic." She's wearing...
Yeah, that's about as apt comparison as William Buckley and PeeWee Herman...
The book industry seems to be collapsing, at least that hallowed old paper-and-glue industry that promoted serious ideas. Even talk radio and TV hosts are spending less time with authors. There are exceptions, but they won't make you feel optimistic about books.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 13 hours ago