Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Case law is your burden, chump. I am not a lawyer. I value economics, or what might classically be called "natural law." But it is a science to me, chump, not a religion. ------------------------------------------------ The fact you're not a lawyer does not negate the objective nature of its existence. You also don't get to pretend the law doesn't exist because you disagree with certain facets of it and carry a grudge against attorneys. Natural law hasn't existed in this country since Marbury v Madison, thank god.
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago