Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Your "what about me" argument is not public interest. It is simply self-insistent fear masquerading as Founding principle. But the science has moved on. Firearm technology is different. Citizens are not a universal bulwark. The science has moved on ------------------------------------------ How does your argument jive when firearms aren't even in the top ten of causes of death in this country? On a per capita level, motor vehicles, cigarettes, cholesterol, alcohol, and accidental poisoning are more lethal than guns. Your argument is based on some subjective statistical analysis that demonstrates the public utility of guns doesn't outweigh the threat to public safety, a demonstrably false claim.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 12 hours ago