Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Your "what about me" argument is not public interest. It is simply self-insistent fear masquerading as Founding principle. But the science has moved on. Firearm technology is different. Citizens are not a universal bulwark. The science has moved on ------------------------------------------ How does your argument jive when firearms aren't even in the top ten of causes of death in this country? On a per capita level, motor vehicles, cigarettes, cholesterol, alcohol, and accidental poisoning are more lethal than guns. Your argument is based on some subjective statistical analysis that demonstrates the public utility of guns doesn't outweigh the threat to public safety, a demonstrably false claim.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 13 hours ago