Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
"When we talk about firearms regulation, individual stories and anecdotes are not all that important. This is a statistical issue. And on those grounds, it is time to regulate and regulate hard." ----------------------------------------------- Why cite statistics when you flat out ignore their implications? Oh, then for added enjoyment, you ignore case law that's not even five years old and the very existence of the Second Amendment. In the light of D.C. v Heller and McDonald v Chicago, your entire argument is void for being blatantly unconstitutional. Go read a case and stop acting like a spoiled child.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 9 hours ago