Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
"When we talk about firearms regulation, individual stories and anecdotes are not all that important. This is a statistical issue. And on those grounds, it is time to regulate and regulate hard." ----------------------------------------------- Why cite statistics when you flat out ignore their implications? Oh, then for added enjoyment, you ignore case law that's not even five years old and the very existence of the Second Amendment. In the light of D.C. v Heller and McDonald v Chicago, your entire argument is void for being blatantly unconstitutional. Go read a case and stop acting like a spoiled child.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago