For the past two months we've been hearing from progressives and certain politicians like Chuck Schumer that groups like the NRA and gun owners sit on the "fringe" of American society. Considering there are an estimated 60-90 million gun owners in America, that argument hardly holds water, but that hasn't stopped the media from reporting it. We saw MSNBC's Toure essentially say he thinks law abiding gun owners should be treated like sex offenders after The Journal News published the names, addresses and a detailed map of where gun permit holders living in Westchester County, New York. We've seen CNN...
The nuts belong squarely in your camp, fueled by paranoia-laced rhetoric they hear on Limbaugh, Levin and various nutjob conservative talk shows around the country. --------------------------------------------------------- Adam Lanza didn't own a single gun used in the Sandy Hook school shooting. Statistically, less than 1% of all guns lawfully purchased and duly registered are ever used in the commission of a crime, and of that one percent, less than 10% are used by the owner. So, less than .1% of all firearms are used by their registered owners in a crime. I fail to see how gun related violence is an epidemic in this country, especially since guns aren't even Top 10 in causes of death.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago