The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
That would work if we lived in a world full of logical people. I don't think we do.
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago