The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
That would work if we lived in a world full of logical people. I don't think we do.
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 4 hours ago