The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
I have met people in graduate school I would not call "rational".
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago