Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago