As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly. Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting. Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee. The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein - a name he also botched. As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward,...
Exactly, Mary Anne. The differences are irreconcilable. I surely don't have all the answers. However, consider this; 55,000 good citizens cared deeply enough to sign their names. We bgoth know their are deepening sentiments. It starts with a group of dedicated citizens and goes from there. How does any movement gather momentum?
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jesse Ventura: Don’t feel sorry for Chris Kyle’s widow, I’m the victim here Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hot Air Survey: July Results Patrick Ishmael 4 hours ago