Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
It is said that Idi Amin's rule was characterised by: Political Repression, in this case through the media, SO FAR, ethnic persecution, coming, extrajudicial corruption, already here and gross economic mismanagement. Sound like anyone we know with a head start.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago