Still, at one time, the media, without reservation, gave credit to Gingrich for making a balanced budget a priority -- and for pushing Clinton toward the center to achieve it. Back then, even when writing negatively about Gingrich, the major media routinely credited Gingrich with pushing a recalcitrant...
On the contrary, Newt deserves a lot of credit for pushing through welfare reform and putting the breaks on spending. Here's an excellent article - http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/craigsteiner/2011/08/22/the_clinton_surplus_myth/page/full/.
When Bill Clinton spoke at the Democratic National Convention, he took credit for balancing the budget. That Clinton basked in his achievement, of course, surprises no one. Nor is it surprising the media failed to remind people of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., and his role in pulling this off.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago