Still, at one time, the media, without reservation, gave credit to Gingrich for making a balanced budget a priority -- and for pushing Clinton toward the center to achieve it. Back then, even when writing negatively about Gingrich, the major media routinely credited Gingrich with pushing a recalcitrant...
On the contrary, Newt deserves a lot of credit for pushing through welfare reform and putting the breaks on spending. Here's an excellent article - http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/craigsteiner/2011/08/22/the_clinton_surplus_myth/page/full/.
When Bill Clinton spoke at the Democratic National Convention, he took credit for balancing the budget. That Clinton basked in his achievement, of course, surprises no one. Nor is it surprising the media failed to remind people of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., and his role in pulling this off.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago