Still, at one time, the media, without reservation, gave credit to Gingrich for making a balanced budget a priority -- and for pushing Clinton toward the center to achieve it. Back then, even when writing negatively about Gingrich, the major media routinely credited Gingrich with pushing a recalcitrant...
On the contrary, Newt deserves a lot of credit for pushing through welfare reform and putting the breaks on spending. Here's an excellent article - http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/craigsteiner/2011/08/22/the_clinton_surplus_myth/page/full/.
When Bill Clinton spoke at the Democratic National Convention, he took credit for balancing the budget. That Clinton basked in his achievement, of course, surprises no one. Nor is it surprising the media failed to remind people of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., and his role in pulling this off.
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 3 hours ago