The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Rachel, you are so full of cr@p. Read a few copies of American Rifleman--NRA magazine. They run a page every edition of regular people using their guns to take out bad guys that are threatening them in their homes or out in public, from all around the country. Many times they kill the bad guy, alot of times the bad guy is shot and then rounded up at the hospital. Good people use their guns every day, and without much hesitation, to kill bad guys. Just because you can't, or won't, doesn't mean others can't or don't.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 12 hours ago