Given Bloomberg's avowed goal of reducing New Yorkers' waistlines by reducing their calorie intake, his soda scheme is indeed absurdly inadequate, as he inadvertently emphasizes every time he minimizes the extent to which it will restrict consumer freedom. Once...
You can still buy two 16-oz drinks. I wonder what the point is, then? Just make things more inconvenient? Somebody will come up with new products or creative methods to get around this ban. It's not only unconstitutional and stupid, it's useless.
Everyone expected that New York City's Board of Health, all 11 members of which were appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg, would rubber-stamp his proposed 16-ounce cap on servings of sugar-sweetened soft drinks. But at a meeting last week, several board members zeroed in on the most obvious problem with Bloomberg's plan to treat adults like children: It does not go far enough.
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 3 hours ago