CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
The biggest let-down of my life was when this man took office and decided to push his personal agenda (ObamaCare) when he was faced with the biggest jobs crises in 50 years. It showed everyone (who didn't just vote out of guilt or allegiance to a skin color) how much he really cared for the citizens of this nation, right off the bat. But, furthermore- why do YOU feel it's your personal mission to visit a CLEARLY Conservative website to insert your mind-numbing "two cents" into our dialogue? Shouldn't you be spending your precious time, fighting for women to maintain their "right" to murder their children as a form of birth control? Sounds like a more appropriate use of your talents.
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 12 hours ago