It didn’t take long for the Left to exploit the tragedy in Colorado for political gain. It’s predictable that horrific incidents of this nature are harnessed as calls for gun control. But why is the inverse not true? Just last week 71-year-old Samuel Williams was hailed as a hero for opening fire on armed robbers in an internet café. One of the masked men was pointing his handgun at customers and it wasn’t until Willams began shooting at them that they then fled. Of course, prevention never elicits the same attention and even if it did, the...
Guns are sold by gun companies legally, then to "law abiding citizens"..at some point the transition occurs from legal to illegal (or a lot of gun assaults are done by the legal owners...and the guns never take the illegal step). Either way, cutting them off at the source would have stopped it. I do agree with a lot of you......that with the amount of guns in America already, its too late to do anything. U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms. Sad, but probably too late.
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 31 minutes ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 4 hours ago