I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Actually lots of folks are getting thrown under the bus, like the 4 TeaPartiers Boehner just threw out of their respective committees, or Rove and Morris needing direct approval of higher ups before they can appear on Faux News. But you guys wouldn't know about that because THs 12 year old 'news' editor thinks some sports writer's views on gun control are more news worthy.
- Russian tennis official suspended for calling Williams sisters “brothers” Jazz Shaw 16 mins ago
- Is the Ebola outbreak receding? Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago