I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
08hb, I'm with you on all but the last part; I don't think we can say that the Bible says Adam was created 6036 years ago. I have to assume you're using "the begats" and estimating the time span for a generation there? I understand the original Hebrew verb "to beget" did not always have to mean the direct parent, but rather lineage. That is, a grandfather can be said to have begotten a grandchild. Or great grandchild. I also think God purposefully hid the exact ages of these things, just as He does wish us at this time to find the actual cross or other such artifacts. For one, unbelievers would still not believe it, even if their names were written in the stars. For another, I think God still wants us to take these things on faith for now.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 10 hours ago