I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
08hb, I'm with you on all but the last part; I don't think we can say that the Bible says Adam was created 6036 years ago. I have to assume you're using "the begats" and estimating the time span for a generation there? I understand the original Hebrew verb "to beget" did not always have to mean the direct parent, but rather lineage. That is, a grandfather can be said to have begotten a grandchild. Or great grandchild. I also think God purposefully hid the exact ages of these things, just as He does wish us at this time to find the actual cross or other such artifacts. For one, unbelievers would still not believe it, even if their names were written in the stars. For another, I think God still wants us to take these things on faith for now.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 13 hours ago