How did we get to where we are in our culture and our politics today? I have wondered this since Obama took office and started exacting his socialist agenda on our great country. There is plenty of blame to go around—complacency, greed, laziness, apathy. I submit that churches may not have caused the problems we have today, but certainly could have curtailed the advancement of tyranny. In my work (my book and The Dr. Gina Show), I have laid out the way that some cowardly pastors have tolerated their flocks’ apathy, greed, complacency and laziness, and that only the...
You've got the Democrats on the left, Republicans on the right, and Jesus is an entirely different direction. The problem I have with a pastor endorsing a candidate is that BOTH candidates have ideas and policies that are contrary to the Kingdom of God. You've got the Democrats with abortion and gay rights, you've got the Republicans with their use of violence. Jesus commanded his followers to love their enemies, and to do good to those who hate them - yet we prefer preemptive strikes. I don't think Jesus would ever have lent his name to a political candidate - instead, he would have challenged them to follow God. When we align ourselves with a political party, we cease to be the voice calling out on behalf of God.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 12 hours ago