How did we get to where we are in our culture and our politics today? I have wondered this since Obama took office and started exacting his socialist agenda on our great country. There is plenty of blame to go around—complacency, greed, laziness, apathy. I submit that churches may not have caused the problems we have today, but certainly could have curtailed the advancement of tyranny. In my work (my book and The Dr. Gina Show), I have laid out the way that some cowardly pastors have tolerated their flocks’ apathy, greed, complacency and laziness, and that only the...
You've got the Democrats on the left, Republicans on the right, and Jesus is an entirely different direction. The problem I have with a pastor endorsing a candidate is that BOTH candidates have ideas and policies that are contrary to the Kingdom of God. You've got the Democrats with abortion and gay rights, you've got the Republicans with their use of violence. Jesus commanded his followers to love their enemies, and to do good to those who hate them - yet we prefer preemptive strikes. I don't think Jesus would ever have lent his name to a political candidate - instead, he would have challenged them to follow God. When we align ourselves with a political party, we cease to be the voice calling out on behalf of God.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago