President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Slave economies are recorded in the Bible but please show me where they are "praised." Do you forget the fact that it was also the Bible believing Christians that put an end to slavery in the Western economies. And it is these same Christian dominated economies trying to rid slavery worldwide. Ignorance disguised as academics is still ignorance.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago