President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
jay_p gives the liberal mind's version. Here is the fact: Last night's SOTU was defintely one of the best sleep periods I have ever had. Obama just knocked me out after his first 20 words of I, me, my and mine left his narcissistic lips.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 23 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014