Hillary vs. the GOP Field of Dreams

TheHeretic Wrote: 7 hours ago (9:57 PM)
I voted against McCain in the primary because I didn't like him and I knew he would be a poor candidate. I think history bears me out on this. I dislike Jeb Bush even more and I think he will make McCain look like a political genius. If Jeb Bush gets the nomination, the Democrats will win even if they nominate Donald Duck. Or even Hillary, for that matter.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

TheHeretic Wrote: 7 hours ago (9:45 PM)
MY assumption is that a Democratic Senate will NEVER repeat NEVER repeal ObamaCare. My HOPE (NOT assumption) is that we can elect 66 Republican Senators. And if that happens, my HOPE (NOT assumption) is that those 66 republicans would vote to repeal ObamaCare. And YOUR assumption appears to be that even if we manage to elect 66 Republicans, they won't repeal ObamaCare. In other words, abandon all hope. We might as well give up. If that's what you mean by "knowing better", then I don't "know better and I think I will stay that way. And if that's what a conservative believes, then count me out as a conservative.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

TheHeretic Wrote: 7 hours ago (9:35 PM)
No, I don't like their comprehensive immigration reform. That's why I would like to change their membership.

You Can't Keep a Good Myth Down

TheHeretic Wrote: 7 hours ago (9:33 PM)
You're right. But it requires BOTH Houses of Congress. And while we're talking about ways of undercutting Obamacare until we have the votes to repeal it, consider this idea from that evil RINO, Mitt Romney. During his campaign, he promised to use the waiver power that ObamacCare gives the President. He pledged that he would, in essense, give waivers to the entire American population. Aren't you glad those 4 million "conservatives" stayed home? We don't want a President doing THAT, do we?
I would like to see Obama go to Canada. Providing, of course, that he doesn't come back.
Are you sure about that? It looks to me like its the other way around: the Moslems are in and sanity is out.

Will the West Defend Itself?

TheHeretic Wrote: 8 hours ago (8:18 PM)
Do we have the military power to defeat our enemies? And secure our borders? Yes. But these things won't happen for political reasons. And when we're talking about poltics, we're talking about the electorate. I see many posters blame "politicians" or "the political parties" or whatever. They're wrong. The problem is with the electorate. Example: most Democrat politicians have openly supported illegal immigration. Most of them have been re-elected. Obviously their constitutuents are not bothered by their support for illegal immigration. If the American people ever decide that they want to secure the borders, you will find the politicians not far behind.
Could global warming be the cause of mass dementia among college professors?

Obama's Mixed Messages on War

TheHeretic Wrote: 9 hours ago (7:57 PM)
"..he's waging war on the Islamic State." BS. He's going through the motions to fool the press and the public. He has obviously fooled Goldberg. Of course, that wasn't much of a challenge.

It's Better Now

TheHeretic Wrote: 9 hours ago (7:48 PM)
Here's a fact that Stossel didn't mention. In the 1930's, the U.S. Code consisted of one (1) volume. The 2001 Edition has about forty (40) volumes. If you think we don't have enough Federal laws, don't worry. The 2007 Edition will be even bigger. How much bigger? I cann't say; they haven't finished it yet. And when they do, then they can start tackling the 2013 Edition.