Conscience, Not Guns

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 19, 2012 4:51 PM
cont - impulses or you transform them into contempt. You cannot teach empathy in the classroom. But you can smother it - you can mock it.

Conscience, Not Guns

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 19, 2012 4:44 PM
I beg to differ. This is not a matter of conscience. Let's leave the matter of gun ownership out of it for the moment. Criminals find ways of rationalizing away the dictates of conscience - whether religiously derived or otherwise. The law of God and the law of man don't apply to them. That's the thinking process. it easy to do, Prager rationalizes all the time. Not about killing but otherwise. So it's easy. What is not easy is to over come the emotion, perish the thought, of empathy. You cannot kill if you feel empathy. You cannot feel empathy if you cannot feel pain, and this guy could not, And self-esteem strengthens empathy, You feel like you are hurting yourself. But if you hate yourself you either smother empathic ---

Conscience, Not Guns

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 19, 2012 4:30 PM
Milty - If the term self-esteem is vague it's only vague because lazy people like you fail to define it or distort it before you use it to condemn half the population. Then Prager would have to establish that there is an entire generation raised on self-esteem, and noting else then he would have to distinguish between ordinary self-esteem and the pompous self-righteousness both of you exhibit. Then we can talk about which leads to criminal behavior.

Conscience, Not Guns

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 8:12 PM
Good work Rawlins! People seem to be ignoring the leverage bad people have to today - mechanical/kinetic leverage that make it possible for fewer bad people to cause more damage. And communications leverage that lets people like prager pass off half-baked analysis and self-inflating moralizing as wisdom and have so many people buy into it.- the very people who supposedly received the right moral training. So we make progress in spite of this headwind- albeit slowly. Some of the old moral ideas and values didn't work, and the way the good ones were packaged didn't work either - so they are being replaced by values and idea that do.

Conscience, Not Guns

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 1:03 PM
Agitator - Bonny sez: " What an idiot you are, but I digress!! Why don't you go blow your NOZ! " What did I say to deserve that? What do you suppose that means? B has been quiet since the election, Except to harass you, Looks like you are succeeding in getting under her skin more than she is succeeding in being tick on your a s s. I'd rather be a goat than a tick.

What's Wrong with Public Nudity?

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 07, 2012 3:36 PM
I cannot answer you because I am down here in 4-corners waiting for the waters to rise. I am still sitting in this stall and my power cord will not reach the outlet, besides louie is over there shaving and has the outlet occupied. Things are fine down here but don't come down. There's tick roaming around here waiting to bite someone's but t . I've got my bug off one so I am OK. Getting tired tho... this was suppose to happen in the spring. I have been out of touch -- did obama declare marshal law? I believe it happened cuz being non-neo-christian I will believe anything - including redemption for you . Ciao

What's Wrong with Public Nudity?

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 07, 2012 1:29 PM
Agitator - Bonny will assume you ARE Pastorial. So might I.

What's Wrong with Public Nudity?

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 12:58 PM
Illbay - you are daft! OK misrepresents nothing here. In fact he made no mention of the real purpose of this article which is to use an obscure incident to paint the entire left with as revolting image as he can. All this aimed at a gullible and doting audience full of resentment that predisposes them to the flimsiest evidence. And for what what purpose. Do the cons not hate libs enough?

What's Wrong with Public Nudity?

ThefingerNoz Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 12:51 PM
Attaway Jack! Though I would not call Prager a "weenie". Self-righteous yes. But he's perfectly within his rights to complain about public nudity. However, that's not what this article is about is it? It's about smearing liberals and painting them in the most revolting imagery he can possibly find. But it's only affective among those who already find libs revolting.- one wonders what the agenda is here adding fuel to the fire here so to speak.
Wow! goody for you!