What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 9 hours ago