What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 12 hours ago