Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
Surveying the comments so far, it doesn't buring what Rubio is sellin'. Florida Republicans need to primary him out in favor of Allen West in 2016 (though Marco could then make his run for president--seeing as how he will have more experience under his belt than Obama did).
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago