Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
Surveying the comments so far, it doesn't buring what Rubio is sellin'. Florida Republicans need to primary him out in favor of Allen West in 2016 (though Marco could then make his run for president--seeing as how he will have more experience under his belt than Obama did).
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 20 minutes ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 3 hours ago