Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
Surveying the comments so far, it doesn't buring what Rubio is sellin'. Florida Republicans need to primary him out in favor of Allen West in 2016 (though Marco could then make his run for president--seeing as how he will have more experience under his belt than Obama did).
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago