Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
Surveying the comments so far, it doesn't buring what Rubio is sellin'. Florida Republicans need to primary him out in favor of Allen West in 2016 (though Marco could then make his run for president--seeing as how he will have more experience under his belt than Obama did).
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 13 minutes ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago