Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Just a few comments on your muddle-headed argument: 1. if you really respected and understood the Constitution, you would actually respect and understand the Constitution, 2. "militia" does not mean the same thing today as it meant at the time of the writing, and you must remain faithful to the intent of the writing, not your arbitrary manipulation of definition, and 3. if you base you argument on the fact that weaponry has changed, I assume you think the freedom of the press only applies to broadsheets produced on a mechanical printing press.
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago