As Katie has noted above, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has concluded that Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights at the hearing last week by reading a statement protesting her innocence. Thus, the subpoena directed to her remains in effect and she may be recalled to testify before the committee.
But what if she invokes the Fifth again? Presumably, she would be held in contempt of Congress. And again: So what? So was Eric Holder, with little to show for it. So how does Congress enforce any sanction against Lerner?
It's not easy. As this
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago