As Katie has noted above, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has concluded that Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights at the hearing last week by reading a statement protesting her innocence. Thus, the subpoena directed to her remains in effect and she may be recalled to testify before the committee.
But what if she invokes the Fifth again? Presumably, she would be held in contempt of Congress. And again: So what? So was Eric Holder, with little to show for it. So how does Congress enforce any sanction against Lerner?
It's not easy. As this
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 16 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago