You've obviously a carte blanche opposition to capital punishment for anything. You've no idea what "rebellious son" entailed to the Israelites. Nor do you have any idea what "working on the Sabbath" meant, either. Mixed planting, weaving, and husbandry did not carry death sentences - that's outright false. Shrimp and lobster were not SAFE to eat back then. Rape victims inside the city were not typically rape victims at all, but adulterers and oath-breakers. It doesn't mean that a court of the time would have killed a woman with clear signs of struggle just because she was in the city limits. It is YOU who fail to read the bible. You look for things you don't like about it, and fail to investigate and understand them. Typical.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 17 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago