You've obviously a carte blanche opposition to capital punishment for anything. You've no idea what "rebellious son" entailed to the Israelites. Nor do you have any idea what "working on the Sabbath" meant, either. Mixed planting, weaving, and husbandry did not carry death sentences - that's outright false. Shrimp and lobster were not SAFE to eat back then. Rape victims inside the city were not typically rape victims at all, but adulterers and oath-breakers. It doesn't mean that a court of the time would have killed a woman with clear signs of struggle just because she was in the city limits. It is YOU who fail to read the bible. You look for things you don't like about it, and fail to investigate and understand them. Typical.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago