You've obviously a carte blanche opposition to capital punishment for anything. You've no idea what "rebellious son" entailed to the Israelites. Nor do you have any idea what "working on the Sabbath" meant, either. Mixed planting, weaving, and husbandry did not carry death sentences - that's outright false. Shrimp and lobster were not SAFE to eat back then. Rape victims inside the city were not typically rape victims at all, but adulterers and oath-breakers. It doesn't mean that a court of the time would have killed a woman with clear signs of struggle just because she was in the city limits. It is YOU who fail to read the bible. You look for things you don't like about it, and fail to investigate and understand them. Typical.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago