A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
AmyDB... That Sickle Cell Anemia was an evolutionary answer to malaria neither much diminished the ill effect of such nor caused its erradication. Therefore, I would azdvocate that it had nothing to do with Malaria or any other disease. Though Sickle Cell Amenia is far more common to those from and in Africa than elsewhere on earth, this one fact does not prove a connection to Malari. Even more iportant is the fact that this specific genetic defect does not diminish, prevent or reverse the effects of malaria or any other disease. Sickle Cell Anenia occurs in nature for reason yet unknown. Also for reasons unknown as applies to other diseases such as prostate and other types of cancer such affects American blacks at a much higher rate...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 6 hours ago