In response to:
Our founding fathers put the 2nd amendment not for being able to hunt or defense against someone who meant harm to them. That was always understood and exercised by people in that era. They were smart enough to realize that any government could become the citizens enemy and they did not want to leave them without a way to defend themselves against such tyranny. And how can a handgun compete with the weapons of destruction that our U.S. gov't, has in their possession? First, the regulations, then the assault weapons, then the handguns. Line upon line, line upon line, precept upon precept, precept, here a little, there a little.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 10 hours ago