I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
I concur with those who admire Johnson's positions but are realisitc enough to know that he hasn't a snowball's chance in Hades of being elected. Our choices are Romney or four more years of Obamination, period. We may not like it, but "It is what it is". Perhaps we should try instead to make the Republican Party more libertarian in its outlook and platform.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago