Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater accepted an invitation to visit an American military installation located in Bavaria, Germany. On "CBS Evening News" hosted by Walter Cronkite, correspondent Daniel Schorr said: "It is now clear that Sen. Goldwater's interview with Der Spiegel, with its hard line appealing to right-wing elements in Germany, was only the start of a move to link up with his opposite numbers in Germany." The reaction shot -- when the cameras returned to Cronkite -- showed the "most trusted man in America" gravely shaking...
We have a president who uses decrees to circumvent our elected officials. We have an Attorney General who ignores the law (the Philadelphia Black Panthers and DOMA) except to apply it to punish those whose opinion differs from our "Leader" (Gallup). Think Hitler and Himmler and you come pretty close with the comparisons. And they have the gall to call Republicans "Nazis"?
Maybe comparing Republicans to Nazis started with the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson presidential race.
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago