National polling is going to be tough to come by over the next few days, as pollsters will struggle to get remotely accurate samples from much of the Eastern seaboard. Indeed, Gallup and a few other firms are suspending their tracking polls until the mess is cleared up. For what it's worth, Rasmussen's tracker still has Obama locked in at 47 percent, with Romney ahead by two. The Republican maintains a six-point advantage on the economy, and for the first time, fewer than 50 percent of voters think Obama will win re-election. Meanwhile, NPR has released its final...
In response to:
The problem is that we haven't paid for the added cost of defense... wars without funding is a big part of why we are in debt. Wars with unintended consequences is why we have a power vacuum in the middle east. If we want to be the world's enforcerer, then we have to pay for it through increased revenues/taxes... Republicans don't want that. Special interests own the Congress, so we need to change our laws to limit the impact of money, but the Supreme Court was recently against that by calling companies people. Get rid of the money influence by getting involved in changing our Congress if you want to make a difference!
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago